There are several benefits of our swaddle set and all of them are listed below
1. Keeps baby warm and cozy all night long
The swaddle helps to soothe your baby and provide the right conditions they need to sleep. The product is 100% jersey cotton fabric and is designed to provide warmth and breathability. This helps to moderate their core temperature during the night, assisting your child (and you) to sleep much better.
2. Better naps during the day and more REM sleep at night.
Swaddling is a very soothing and comforting process for babies. The swaddle provides the same warmth and security as you would provide when holding your baby in your arms, which many studies show encourages longer periods of sleep, better naps during the day, and more REM (rapid eye movement) sleep at night. This is very important for your baby’s development.
3. Helps babies transition into their own crib or toddler bed.
When it is time for your little one to move on from the bassinet, swaddling is a great help in transitioning them into their own crib. It comforts them and makes sleep more enjoyable especially when they are just learning how to sleep on their own.
4. Reduces the risk of SIDS
It is known to all that swaddling reduces the risk of SIDS and creates a safe sleeping environment for your child. The wrap keeps them in the recommended back position with their head uncovered. While not completely restricting movement, the swaddle prevents them from rolling over and sleeping face-down, a position that increases the likelihood of SIDs.
5. Prevents scratching
With their arms wrapped up and snug in their swaddle, there is no opportunity for your child to accidentally scratch or hurt themselves during the night. The wrap acts as a safe preventative measure to keep their wandering hands out of trouble!
Helps babies fall asleep quicker and sleep through the night sooner than they would otherwise.
The swaddle helps your baby fall asleep quicker and sleep through the night sooner than they would otherwise. This is because of the calming effect of the swaddle combined with its ability to comfort and soothe your baby, just like when you hold them in your arms.
6. Perfect for infants who love to be wrapped up tight or are generally very fidgety.
When your baby loves to be wrapped uptight and is generally very fidgety, the Swaddle helps keep them calm and relaxed. This way they remain happy and healthy throughout the day.
7. Baby can’t startle themselves awake with their startle reflex.
Your baby’s startle reflex can wake them up when they are sleeping if their arms are free. But with the swaddle, babies can’t startle themselves awake because babies won’t be able to use their arms. This helps them sleep soundly and not be disturbed by the startle reflex during the night and naps throughout the day.
8. Provides the safety of being swaddled with the ability to move arms which helps prevent the baby from getting loose in the crib.
The swaddle provides the safety of generally restricted movement with the freedom to move their hands and feet. This helps prevent your baby from getting loose in the crib/toddler bed/play yard. Baby is safe and secure but still able to wiggle their arms a bit for comfort, just like when they were in mum’s belly!
Uses of Swaddles
Swaddles come in different sizes and shapes so there are several uses for them, such as:
1. Swaddle during the day to help your baby calm down and relax when fussy or restless.
2. Use at night when changing nappies with little to no swaddling experience needed which is amazing!
3. Use when your baby is transitioning out of the bassinet or crib.
4. Use in combination with a sleep sack for cold nights.
5. Wear them over your clothing to stay warm during cold weather conditions.
6. Perfect after bath time for soft, moisturised skin and allows you to enjoy cuddle time with your little one.
7. Use the swaddles as a stroller cover, car seat cover and nursing cover for privacy and warmth while nursing in public.
8. Swaddle during playtime to keep your little one calm and socialised, especially if they prefer to be swaddled while playing with their siblings or friends!
9. Swaddle your baby in a blanket for a perfect fit every time.
Why Our Swaddle Only?
Well, there are many swaddles on the market but you should be considering the Swaddle which has some features in it and can be a comfort for your baby. Our swaddles and wraps have all the necessary things that you and your baby needs.
100% GOTS Certified Organic Cotton
The Swaddle’s signature fabric is GOTS certified organic cotton. This means that the entire process of growing cotton, including pesticides and fertilisers, has been done under strict standards without harming the environment or workers in the field. The certification also requires compliance with social criteria such as fair wages and safe work conditions for all involved.
Comes with a Bag
Our swaddle comes with a storage bag that can be used after washing and drying for storage or to take the swaddle with you when going out.
Large Swaddle Wrap
This Jersey Cotton Swaddle wrap ensures that your baby can’t break free during their startle reflex. Our wraps are larger than the standard size and measure 120 cm x 120 cm. Jersey Cotton baby wrap’s material is full luxurious, soft and stretchy which makes it extremely perfect for your kid and its health.
The Swaddle comes with a matching beanie which is great to wear at night or when you are taking your baby outside in the cold. The swaddle and matching beanie can be folded together inside the bag for convenient storage.
Unisex Safari Animal Design
The Baby Swaddle comes in a unisex safari animal design. So that not only your baby looks cute but you can also carry it with you wherever you go!
Lightweight, Breathable, and Keeps Your Baby Warm
Swaddling fabric is soft and lightweight, making it perfect for babies. The breathable material helps keep your little one warm during those winter months when they need all the help sleeping soundly!
Advantages of Swaddle
There are so many advantages of the swaddle and we can definitely say that it is an essential product for everybody. So, let’s take a look at the benefits of swaddling:
1. Keeps your baby warm
2. Can calm your baby down
3. Prevents movement of legs and arms
4. Sometimes they help with digestion
5. Gives your baby a sense of security as they feel as they did when they were in utero
6. Prevents the startle reflex that wakes your baby, by automatically tightening their muscles into a flexed position which makes it difficult for them to wake up with a jerk, according to the National Sleep Foundation.
Safety Tips While Using Swaddle
1. Your baby’s head should always be uncovered
2. You can swaddle your baby’s legs but they also need to be able to move their hips and bend their legs
3. Never use a blanket instead of a proper swaddling blanket, because blankets aren’t designed for the way babies sleep and get loose easily from them, which can cause serious accidents
4. Never swaddle a baby if they are able to roll over on their own
5. Always use the recommended age range according to the label
6. Make sure your baby can breathe easily and can’t get caught between the swaddle and your child’s face or neck, as this could be dangerous for your child
7. Be sure to swaddle your baby’s arms in a down position, not up over their face
8. Never use the swaddle if it causes discomfort for your child or causes them to sweat
9. Make sure you can undo the swaddle quickly if your baby needs to be unwrapped in an emergency
Additional Tips To Keep Your Baby Safe While Swaddled
1. Don’t use the swaddle for longer than 30 minutes at a time so that your baby doesn’t get too hot
2. Make sure you are using the appropriate size according to your baby’s measurements
3. Don’t swaddle a baby under a month old
4. Be sure to stop swaddling as your baby gets older and able to move their legs around freely
Swaddling is not recommended beyond age four months, as this is when babies typically start rolling over on their own. Swaddling also isn’t recommended for preemies, as their underdeveloped lungs can have problems breathing with a swaddle wrapped around them.
It is clear from the benefits and advantages of swaddling that it is an essential item and must be bought immediately by all new parents. It provides comfort and warmth to babies and can calm down your baby. If you are looking for the best quality swaddles then you should take a look at the ones that can be bought from My Luxeve.
Have you seen our other shopping platforms? Check out Etsy, MyDeal, Catch, Ebay, Amazon and Kogan. Shop online today!
Follow us on our socials, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest and Twitter.